Complete France Forum

New Direction for Peugeot Citroen

I half heard an interview on Europe 1 (I was changing a particularly challenging nappy at the time and needed to concentrate) with the new big-wig at PC. The gist of this was that the company was going to shift focus away from the heavy use of computerisation and electronics in their cars and back to a more mechanical approach.

Apparantly this is in tune with changing customer requirements (i.e. they are heartly sick of shelling out sums not unadjacent to the GDP of small countries for the curation of electrical faults that hitherto would not have occured).

Can anyone flesh this out a bit?

I must say it strikes me (speaking as one who has just had to cough up to have sorted an irritating little problem that caused the central locking to operate every time the boot was opened causing a certain amount of gnashing teeth when the keys, three small children and a dog were all subsequently trapped inside the car with the alarm going...) as a terribly good idea.

I am pretty sure both the Citreon C5 and the Peugeot 307 scored significantly worse in reliability surveys than the previous models. Link to Auto Express used car review which had a couple of comments as below. I have not read a recent JD Power or Which reliability survey but would be interested to see how they are doing.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/usedcartests/42394/citroen_c5.html

Mercedes might consider going down that route.  The have come in for a real panning in the German press lately for unreliable electrics.  Even things like the windows opening when the indicators are turned on!  One dealer really did a 'Gerald Ratner' when one hapless couple returned their new Merc for the umpteenth time to be told 'Well what do you expect when you don't pay that much for your car?'  and this was a 60 000 euro Merc

Archived