Complete France Forum

Certificate of Permanent Export : Different name

cooperlola

I've finally, after months of lost paperwork at the the DVLA etc, received the above for my Landy.  Wahay!  However, because I have a French address, the previous owner is shown as the registered keeper, with me as the keeper in a box at the bottom.  It carries the note " The person named has informed us that she has become the keeper of the vehicle.  We are unable to record this because the address given was outside Great Britain".  This is because I bought it from a mate in the UK after I had moved here.  Has anybody else been in the same situation and has it ever caused any problems?  I ask because of course, it is all in English and I'm not convinced the good people at the Prefecture in the Sarthe will understand it...

The prefecture should recognise a UK certificate of permanent export, although they're no longer issued routinely by the DVLA now that the V5C is in use (thought - so how come you've got one??).  If your name and address is on the official form, then there should be no problem.

You will, of course, need to produce a receipt/invoice from your mate proving you have title to the vehicle.

Archived