Complete France Forum

What does this mean?

Patf

I had a speeding fine in December and duly paid up but didn't understand where and how it happened as I was sure I hadn't missed the one fixed speed camera on the route. The notice says " Moyens de controle utilise: Identifiant:1517 Marque: MESTA Type: 210 etc Verifie le 23/11/2006 par DRIRE. Enqueteur: Loisel  Paul-Emile, Gendarme. Was this from one of those hidden hand - held radar traps? Pat.

Hi Patf

I think it's a portable radar device. See this page http://www.radars-auto.com/types-radars-routiers-doppler.php

I've had a look at the map of fixed radars and can't find 1517, therefore I assume it's a mobile one.  http://www.radarsfixes.com/

The point is that it could be portable or fixed; the same radar device is used in both. If it's fixed, the number would be shown on the map (link above); it's not there so it must be portable.

Sid

[quote user="Val_2"]Pat. My OH had a speeding fine last year in the middle of nowhere and had the same sort of info on the paperwork BUT the actual address of where it was recorded was also printed on the form as well as the officer.[/quote]

They printed stuff on the officer? Was he happy with that?[:D]

Thanks to all for the explanations and confirming that it must have been a hand-held device. Val - yes the form does mention it was on the N21 direction Tarbes to Auch in the commune of Mirande. So I'm still trying to work out where he was hiding as it could happen again. And yes it does give the officer's name but I'm not going to confront him about it. Pat.

No, they stick together. I was following a friend taking her car to a mechanic and she could not go faster than 40kph so we both had our flashers going to warn traffic behind we were going slowly. A gendarme saw us and pulled us up and read the riot act about flashing in such a way, my friend was furious and went to the gendarmerie that evening to make a complaint against the officer. The other officers refused to recognise him and said no one of that description was stationed there but I knew different as he was actually the one in charge and knew him from social ocassions but I kept quiet and out of the visit.

Archived