Complete France Forum

Deregistering a UK car in France

technik21

Having taken the time and patience to export and register a UK car to France, I now need to bring the car back to the UK to re register for UK plates.

The process of re-registering the car in the UK is simple enough, but my question is.... How do I De-register the car in France?

Who do I contact, or what form is used to inform the French authorities that I'm exporting the car back to the UK?

I've searched through this forum, but the info is mainly for exporting out of the UK, and procedures for importing back within the UK.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi Ron

Tks for that. I know the procedures for the UK side, but it was informing the French side that I am taking the car back to the UK to re register it, that I'm enquiring about

Where we have to inform the DVLA when we export our cars out of the UK, there must be some procedure in France to tell their authorities about exporting out of France.

Tks again

When we exported our french registered renault to Gibraltar we sent a registered letter to the Prefecture at Niort.  We then found on return to France that the re-registering of the car took 15 mins - they were delighted that they had been informed and had suspended our matriculation number.  They showed us the computer screen with the letter ack'd.  Not of interest in your case but somebody else may be doing the same.

Archived