Complete France Forum

Part Ex ???

Me0wp00

Do dealers do a decent deal on Part Exchanges over here ?? I've got a 97 Mondeo Estate french registered lhd and am looking to buy a new logan from the local renault dealer, do you think they'd do a decent price (in the past they haven't offered good prices) but that was on a 2nd hand car. 

Thanks in advance

[quote user="Me0wp00"]Do dealers do a decent deal on Part Exchanges over here ?? I've got a 97 Mondeo Estate french registered lhd and am looking to buy a new logan from the local renault dealer, do you think they'd do a decent price (in the past they haven't offered good prices) but that was on a 2nd hand car. 

Thanks in advance

[/quote]

I read that the dealer gets a net 100€ for selling a Logan so you could do better selling privately.

It depends on how easy it'll be to sell your old car on at a profit and how much of a margin there is in the car they're selling -  ie, how much profit they're prepared to give away by inflating your part exchange value over and above what it's actually worth.  I understand that the Logan is a budget model, so I suspect the dealer may not have a lot of leeway.  Furthermore, if the car you're buying is in demand, then you're unlikely to get a very good offer.

Edit:  previous post beat me to it - illustrates my point.

Archived