Complete France Forum

Sell "french registered" UK car in UK?

Crevette

I bought over and registered my old UK car in France and am now looking to sell it (and hire a car whenever I need one). 

I am sure that French registered cars do not go for the "market rate" and so what is the best way to do this?

I have someone in the UK who is willing to help with registration, etc.

All help appreciated!

-Rob-

If you really trust this person, then I would "sell" it to them, get them to re-import it into the UK (and change the headlamps back), then have them sell it over there and, after deducting the expenses - give you the balance.  Much simpler than trying to sell it over there with French plates and a French owner.

[quote user="Crevette"]

I bought over and registered my old UK car in France and am now looking to sell it ...

I am sure that French registered cars do not go for the "market rate" and so what is the best way to do this? [/quote]

If it really is an 'old' car then why not try and sell it here in France; you would probably have a lot less hassle that way than selling it any other way and achieve the same end price. We sold my OH's estate car - RHD, French registered, with very little problem - or perhaps we were just fortunate.

Sue

Archived