Complete France Forum

Puissance Fiscale

bixy

Yes, Sweet 17 boringly dependable - that's what I like. Styling - forget it; satnav - only for morons who can't read a map; alloy wheels - so what? No, just give me a car that gets me where I want to go, every time. It amazes me that people buy cars on anything but reliability - who wants a flashy car that's braking down all the time eg. Land Rover - bottom of the reliability league, but British so that's alright then.

Now tracked down Honda headlights. Sending out expeditionary force in search of Mazda ones - will keep you posted.

Patrick

Well, Bixy, Styling : good aerodynamics = better fuel efficiency.  Alloy wheels = lighter = better fuel efficiency.  Sat nav, well I guess if you can't read a map and drive round and round in unneccessary circles then you might make the same case for that too!  There's also a safety aspect to cars which are designed better -  cars which handle well and have good chassis are safer, as are cars with good aerodynamics.  There are other things which should be important to the car buyer as well as (not rather than) reliability. 

[quote user="ErnieY"]Not my place to criticise anybody's choice of car of course but Bixy's comments perhaps go to explain why the Toyota Corolla is the world's favourite car, a fact I find both sad and just a trifle scary............[:'(][/quote]

Popularity is no evidence of quality viz. The Sun

John

not

On the other hand, Iceni, X number of people can't all be wrong, can they?  I'm not a great one for thinking majority equals right but here we are talking about people putting their money where their mouths are.  I know that with Japanese or Korean, I get the most car for my money and that means the whole package, the reliability, the fuel consumption, the toys, the optional extras, the warranty terms, and so on.

If money was no object, I know what I'd like to buy but, sadly, money is BIG when you are retired and all you have is your pension and you know for a certainty that the longer you live, the poorer you'll get!

• 2 weeks later...
I've recently posted a thing on the CV rating regarding a Japanese car.

The Subaru Impreza (now there's a boring Japanese car....) is rated 9cv before 1999 and 15cv after that - for almost exactly the same car!

200+bhp.

Insurance premium, however, isn't affected.

[quote user="bixy"]Yes, Sweet 17 boringly dependable - that's what I like. Styling - forget it; satnav - only for morons who can't read a map; alloy wheels - so what? No, just give me a car that gets me where I want to go, every time. It amazes me that people buy cars on anything but reliability - who wants a flashy car that's braking down all the time eg. Land Rover - bottom of the reliability league, but British so that's alright then.

Now tracked down Honda headlights. Sending out expeditionary force in search of Mazda ones - will keep you posted.

Patrick
[/quote]

Might want to try these guys - never used them myself but recommended on ARRSE site - The British Army Rumour Site.

http://www.rogersheadlights.com/

regards

Vern

Archived