Complete France Forum

Insurance policy problem

cartref

Hi,

I have a problem re: getting an insurance policy for my car here in France. I purchased a Citroen Xsara in the UK in December 2006 and have the relative policy document for that car. I was the with Budget Insurance.  I have the details relating to NCB but the new French insurers want details of when my policy reference number wirh Budsget first started. Well needless to say I haven't got any such document and more worryingly, having phoned Budget in the UK, neither have they. Apparently although I had a Rover insured prior changing to the Citroen with Budget, they don't keep records pertaining to the Rover. Help please!!!!

roseysan

Insurance is sometimes a mind field in the Uk not to mention France.  However; they do like to see evidence of each year you are claiming NCB.  Do you have a copy of your renewal notices and or insurance policies.  If not can your old company confirm, in writing, the date you started with them, year by year, the end date, and no claims against the policy.  Your new insurance company may except this. 

Sometimes because of the language problems they do not always understand what you are providing as evidence which can sometimes swings in your favour!.

Don't let them get you down, have a glass or two and think of it as an opportunity!

Have you tried Groupama I think they have a car insurance deal going on.

Thanks for all the postings re my insurance 'problem'. The other thing I am worried about is that I paid these people 110€ up front as a sort of deposit. What would happen if I walked away from them to another company? This problem has arisen because of the time it is taking for my Carte Grise to arrive from the prefecture. All seemed well before when I paid the deposit. Never had a problem is the UK as I used to shop around and take the best offer. Not sure when I opted for Budget and they say there is no record of my insurance when I had the Rover but I can't see that. If I was insured with them when I drove the Rover (sold in December 2006) it must have been running for 12 months beforehand and yet they say they don't keep any record of it.

Good news is that my Carte Vitale is in the post!!!  At least one carte is getting through!

roseysan

Archived