Complete France Forum

Insurance cancelled

daisymay

In 2006 I had two accidents which were my fault

(one so small I didn't bother getting my car fixed) Groupama continued

to insure us in 2007 but today we received notice that they no longer

want our business. Both the car and the

house insurance is cancelled as at 1/1/2008.

I

read somewhere that insurance must be available albeit at a cost. Can

anyone point me in the right direction? Also is it allowable to cancel

the house insurance on which there have been no claims at all? Must

Groupama furnish us with details of our previous no claims and details

of the accidents?

I fail to see the logic in refusing insurance

rather than loading the premium. If we have to be insured somewhere

another company will get the benefit of the large premium.

I think that what they're saying is that they do not want your business.

Judging by the date you quote (01/01/2008), they are advising you that they will not be renewing at the end of the current contract, which is perfectly within their right, just as much as it is within yours to choose another insurer at the time of renewal.

When you find another insurer, you will be asked for details relating to your previous insurer and any previous claims. These details will be checked with Groupama, as all insurers share info on these matters.

Talk about cherry picking. Why on earth they would want to also turn away your house insurance, ludicrous.

Coops, used Nick for the insurance on my new LHD car which I think could have been placed in the category unusual if not outright "difficult".

Originally bought in Belgium, imported to UK but not registered there so still on regular Belgian plates, to be re-exported to France BUT towing my big UK (hence not registered) box trailer.

hi ok

sorry but you could see the (not) so funny side to this , been here for 3.5 years now and never had a claim in the uk on any insurance since ???? a long time  had 3 here so far ,someone robbed the house before we moved in ,a lorry backed into the car and a head lamp got hit by a stone .... just going tomorrow to get top up health insurance with them ,, just thinking the worst say i was in an iron lung the wife rights off the car ...........sorry we are going to pull the plug next year !!!!!!!!! you are bad customers

Dave   Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggg

Archived