Complete France Forum

Selling a french registered UK car to someone in the UK...

Crevette

I read the "re-importing a car to the UK" part, but my proble is a bit different. I have a UK buyer for my french registered UK car, but what do I need to do to get it to be in his name?

Do I sell the car to him in France (can I do that if he has a UK addresse)?

Would I need to go to the Uk and register the car myself before I could sell it to him?

All thoughts appreciated,

-Rob-

[quote user="Crevette"]

I read the "re-importing a car to the UK" part, but my proble is a bit different. I have a UK buyer for my french registered UK car, but what do I need to do to get it to be in his name?

Do I sell the car to him in France (can I do that if he has a UK addresse)?

Would I need to go to the Uk and register the car myself before I could sell it to him?

All thoughts appreciated,

-Rob-

[/quote]

No, just sell it to him and send the paperwork back to the prefecture as "exported". It would be up to the new owner to register it in the UK (which will require an MOT, etc etc).

Is there a market for RHD cars then?  Or is it just for people who have moved here who want to keep their steering on the right. Because if you want to use it in the UK you have to change the lights back yes? Personally I find it better at avoiding driving in those wretched ditches and feel safer.

Georgina

Archived