Complete France Forum

Citreon Car service Calais

Roy747

I would like to have my citreon Xantia Serviced in calais on a day trip, can any one provide e mail address so i can make contact and get price for a 40,000 mile service, or english speaking phone number any help appreciated,

regards

Roy Andrews

My experience of Citroen dealers in France has been far from good compared with the UK ones.....You may get a time for them to do it while you are on a ..".day trip "  if you book well in advance  but I would not risk it being ready before the boat sails to bring you back...sombody they know who needs to  call in and chat about  his car problem  will take preference over your job !

.The last time I took my C5 to a main dealer all I needed was an interier door handle ...booked in on a Friday...for the work to be done following Wednesday.....delivered car to them to be told the part had not arrived and as Thursday was Assension Day they had recieved an email to say Citroen were not sending any parts out that week...I was asked to bring the car back the following week .. needless to say I had it done on my return to the UK ..They had my telephone number ..do you think they thought to ring and tell me no parts were being sent out  thus avoiding a 30km  wasted journey..........no!   Their rate was 50 euros ber hour  and they said they needed an hour ...UK dealer changed door handle while I waited  having coffee  25 minutes..and far cheaper .

Why not take it to your local Citroen dealer and bargain with them. I am being serious! I used to use the dealer in Stroud, now shut down and houses being built on the large site. I told them that I could get a servise done on my Xantia at another garage, non Citroen dealer, for £80 instead of the £180 that they were going to charge me. I asked why I should have it done by them when the other was so much cheaper. I was offered the same service for £100!! I had it done by Citroen. They have the complete computer service programmes for the cars which non Citroen don't have. The same goes for a number of other non franchise service places. That info comes from a good friend that services Citroens and other marks.

So barter, it will probably save you the fair over and you can be sure that you are talking the same language as the blokes doing the job??

Much more difficult here, I actually have to pay the full price, at the moment! Domage!!![:-))]

Archived