Complete France Forum

How long... ?

Beemer1150

Just supposing someone had been silly enough to miss a village sign... and had a nice Gendarme with a camera and radar stop them to point out the error of their ways.

How long would it normally take for them to receive a request for some additional cash for the State?

I had a camera flash me when I was in Chamonix two weeks ago. Only started out on my journey and just settling into the long drive home. I think I was doing 100 in a 90. I was in a courtesy car (as my car was in for repairs yet again), so would imagine any speeding ticket would go to the garage before reaching me. I'm hoping it was out of film as it would mean I'd have to go through the hassle of changing over to a French licence.

That's good news on the points, I'll keep my fingers crossed the same happens to me. The fine is bad enough but I really don't want the hassle of changing to a French licence to take the points off! I have heard that sometimes categories can disappear in the transition.

It was two weeks today and nothing in the post yet...

• 4 weeks later...
My speeding fine arrived yesterday, about 5 weeks after being caught by a camera.

Bit disappointed that the French cameras don't take photo's, the Aussie ones do. I was hoping to put this one in the album too.

Oh well, that's a hattrick of speeding fines in different countries (England, Oz and now France).

Did 99 in a 90, how many points is that? The documentation doesn't say, only that points are to be added (or taken off). I'm just going to send the money in and see if they chase for the points to go on my licence.

Do I need to inform my insurance company?

Archived