Complete France Forum

Sat Nav

Nickel

Just had a look and the UK one comes in at £39 so not to bad..... I suppose. It tells me to check that my memory card has enough space but not sure how to do this. Maybe I will be 'told' when download starts?

I had actually looked on the Tom Tom site but could not find the map download section so again, thanks for the link.

This harks back to the OP and a point to watch for when choosing is what's included.

Often all you get is the map for the country of purchase and anything else is a ££/€€ addon which can bump the price above another apparently more expensive model which includes European mapping as standard.

We have reciently got a TomTom 720 and that is really good. You can even have John Cleese directing you [:-))]!

That is not really why I am posting though. If you have a TomTom then you can use a free route mapping program called TYRE (Trace Your Route Everywhere). It's written by a dutch motorcyclist and it lets you plan your rouye using Google Maps and then load the route to you GPS. That way if you wish to go via a certain route you can, very easily. Have a look at  http://www.janboersma.nl/gett/index.php . As I said, it's a freebe!!

Archived