Complete France Forum

Cholet/Bressuire

PeterG

The road appears to be have been all finished for a while now, but the whisper is that the DDE expect it to open in the 3rd trimestre of 2008......

It will go from the A87 autoroute interchanger at Tessoualle and finish at the D33 north of Le Pin.  The bit to Bressuire- and onwards to Poitiers - hasn't been started yet...[:(]

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

The road appears to be have been all finished for a while now, but the whisper is that the DDE expect it to open in the 3rd trimestre of 2008......

It will go from the A87 autoroute interchanger at Tessoualle and finish at the D33 north of Le Pin.  The bit to Bressuire- and onwards to Poitiers - hasn't been started yet...[:(]

[/quote]

Are you infering that the road will continue from the other end of the Bressuire bypass - bypassing the current main road from Bressuire to Parthenay?  It would be good if it did, as trying to turn left onto that road at Chiche can be a nightmare with all the lorries!

I'm looking forward to the Cholet-Bressuire road opening, as it should cut a good 15 minutes off my current journey down from Roscoff, and it also means that once the road reaches Bressuire, then the road down from Roscoff is virtually dual carriageway for the whole distance. 

I won't be back down there untl next year, so it should be open by then!

The next stage is for the new road to be extended from Le Pin to Bressuire and link with the bypass.  Long term, it will continue on parallel to and to the north of the N149 to Parthenay, thence to Poitiers.

There was talk last year amongst the communauté des communes that the Bressuire-Parthenay-Poitiers link may be constructed as an autoroute.  Whilst that would be good news  from the point of view of local funding, concern has been expressed that unless they make the autoroute compulsory for transit PL traffic, then trucks will continue to use the old N149 to avoid the toll charges.

I'm sure Chiché will be in the forefront in any discussions over this - I remember they held a big protest which blocked the road through the town following a fatal accident there....

Archived