Complete France Forum

Average time to drive

Bugsy

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

Have fun BB and don't forget that the allowance on the autoroute speed cameras is anything over 131 kph and yer flashed. Bin there, done that!!

Take care!!

[/quote]

I think that there is a "Marge technique" of 5 km/h on speeds up to 100 Km/h  and then 5% for speeds 

over that.

The latest version from the horse's mouth (so to speak)

Legifrance

Article 8

L'examen des modèles comprend les essais décrits au présent article. Les erreurs maximales tolérées mentionnées dans la description de ces essais sont les suivantes :

Pour les cinémomètres à poste fixe :

3 km/h, en plus ou en moins, pour les vitesses inférieures à 100 km/h ;

Trois centièmes de la vitesse, en plus ou en moins, pour les vitesses égales ou supérieures à 100 km/h.

Pour les cinémomètres installés dans un véhicule en mouvement :

7 km/h en plus ou en moins, pour les vitesses inférieures à 100 km/h ;

Sept centièmes de la vitesse, en plus ou en moins, pour les vitesses égales ou supérieures à 100 km/h.

Looks like they did a naughty on me Cat. I was wrong when I said 134, it was 138 kph, but have a look at the form I got!!! Unless I'm reading it wrong?

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Speedingfine1.jpg[/IMG]

The one below is an enlargement of the area showing the limit, etc. Look at the small print below

[IMG]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f180/Jonzjob/Speedingfine2.jpg[/IMG]

I was hoping you'd post an answer SD, as I was flummoxed.

I still am though, as it looks as if the 7kph tolerance is for speeds below 100kph, but Jon was flashed at 138kph, so surely the 100kph or over tolerance of 7% of the recorded speed should have been used, giving a revised speed of 128.34kph? [8-)]

Just to add insult to injury I have just had an e-mail from TomTom offering me 15% off their speed camera package!! Mind you they have done a silly with the moving graphics! they show an MPV stopping outside a house with a caravan on the back. The car stops, the caravan unhitches it's self and promptly sits on it's backside with the tow bar in the air!

Obviously, nobody showed them how to load a caravan properly and the one they are depicting is VERY dangerously loaded[:-))]!! Pillocks!

Cat

The information you posted refers to the actual 1991 Order governing the construction, inspection and technical usage of road cameras.  Article 8 covers the permitted errors during calibration/testing. 

Your earlier Bugbear link gives the administrative tolerances applied to speeding infractions.....[;-)]

And back to the subject....

BB

I allow 7 hours from here in the south of Deux-Sevres. I stick to the speed limits [Www] ... yes, really!! The route via Rouen on the A28 is quiet and it's a very easy drive. We only usually have one break. Rouen is a possible blip on the navigational front; I don't think we've been through on the same road twice yet [:-))], but it's signposted for Boulogne and we've always got there in plenty of time.

As pointed out, you need to watch out for the 90kph limits at the viaducts on the A28 where it reduces to one lane each way. If you do a route plan on www.viamichelin.fr you get all the info you need about fixed radar cameras, service areas and cost of tolls.

Have a good trip!

Sid

Archived