Complete France Forum

DRIRE CoC question

muscoka

Hi

I was about to send in my application for a certificate of conformity to the DRIRE for processing. I looked into the forum for any further info I may need to know and some threads appeared detailing some users long list of further requests eg. proof of headlamps being changed etc

At this stage I only want the certificate and will proceed with mechanical changes when I have it, before making my application for the carte gris.

I was just going to send in the Demande d'identification with a cheque - is this all I will need for the CoC?

Any help much appreciated.

Vous souhaitez faire immatriculer une voiture usagée importée d'un pays de l'EEE.
Vous devez obtenir une attestation d'identification soit auprès du constructeur soit auprès de la DRIRE. Pour l'obtenir auprès de la DRIRE vous devez constituer un dossier :

Liste des pièces à fournir (1 exemplaire avec les originaux et 1 avec des photocopies)

• Demande d'identification

• Certificat d'immatriculation étranger

• Certificat de conformité (s'il existe)

• Chèque bancaire de 67,38 euros (442 F) à l'ordre de "Mr Le régisseur des recettes DRIRE"

• Une enveloppe timbrée à votre adresse (l'attestation vous sera envoyée)

Téléchargez le dossier et l'imprimé de demande d'identification au format Word.

A copy of your V5C registration document will suffice.

I sent all the proper stuff to DRIRE and eventually got a call from their office (in Toulon). The guy wanted some kind of proof that I'd had the headlamps fitted and/or adjusted for driving on the right.

He accepted factures for purchase of RHD headlamp units (mine aren't adjustable) and reglage (at a garage).

After he saw those I got the documentation.

I have just gone through this process and after 10 days received a letter back from DRIRE complete with my cheque and everything else that I provided.

The letter said "suite a votre demande d'identification d'un véhicule importé de Grande Bretagne et titulaire d'un titre de circulation européen sur lequel figure le numéro de réception européen, je vous précise que pour l'obtention de votre carte grise vous devez transmettre votre dossier directement auw services préfectoraux de la Charente."

I took this to mean that I didn't now need a CoC as my car had a European identification number. I went along to the prefecture to check and they told me that I do still need a CoC. Very confusing and it looks like I'll have to get one from Landrover if the prefecture insist and DRIRE won't for some reason issue one.

Archived