Complete France Forum

The cost of a first service.

JohnRoss

Bought a Renault Scenic II  1.9 DCI 130 a year ago and I have been quoted 200 Euros for its first service by the Renault dealer I bought it from. From your experience does this seem a reasonable figure?....................................JR

PS Looking through the car file I see that I have a Contrat Losange Pack Sérénité 36mois-60000km. What actually is it? 

Thanks Clair. Have in fact done only 8000Kms in this first year but the car and the dealer insist that it be serviced after one year which is now. The car has been sending me messages to have it done for a week or two and now the service light is lit up with the message "Faire revision" on start up. Before that it said Prevoir Revision
I was hoping someone who has recently been in the same situation would come back and comment on the price to be charged though all opinions are welcome...................................JR

PS I still have not found out what a Contrat Losange Pack Sérénité 36mois-60000km is for certain. It talks a lot in the paperwork I have about what they will do if it breaks down and assistance to transport it, free car for period needed to repair etc but I cannot see anything about service as such. Bit of a struggle as my French is not yet that good. The web site http://www.renault.fr/services-aux-particuliers/contrats-de-services/pack-renaultserenite/ does not make it clear what in fact they offer other than a list of what they do. Cannot make out anything about cost or not or discount!

Contract Lozenge is your normal parts and labour guarantee where you choose your period of cover.

Contract Sérénité is an add-on covering you for annual services (oil change, filters, broken bulbs).

Contract d'entretien is a full maintenance contract where all parts and labour is covered , eg, brake pads, discs, exhausts, etc.

If they intend billing you for the first service, you need to contact them and point out that you have a Contract Sérénité.

Thanks but now I am proper confused. The Contrat Losange Pack Sérénité 36mois-60000km was part of the deal when we bought the car and cost 1 Euro. I will wave it at them to see if I get a reaction. The website shows the following info, don't know if this helps...............JR

Une prestation de qualité pour vivre l’automobile en toute sérénité

En plus des prestations du contrat Losange, le Pack Renault Sérénité vous permet, pour la durée et le kilométrage souscrits, de bénéficier des opérations de révisions Renault* préconisées par le constructeur qui intègrent notamment :
- les opérations de vidange
- la main d’œuvre
- 16 contrôles
- les mises à niveau des liquides lave-glaces, de frein, de refroidissement et de direction assistée
- le diagnostic climatisation
- le remplacement des bougies d’allumage, du filtre à gasoil, du filtre à air et du filtre d’habitacle

Une offre complète :

3 ans ou 45 000 km**

3 ans ou 60 000 km**

3 ans ou 75 000 km**

Le pack Renault Sérénité doit être souscrit au plus tard à la date de livraison du véhicule neuf figurant sur le carnet de garantie et d’entretien du véhicule. 

* selon les recommandations et aux échéances prévues par le Constructeur figurant sur le carnet d’entretien du véhicule et spécifiques à chaque motorisation.
** le Pack Renault Sérénité prend fin au 1er des 2 termes souscrits atteint.

Ok took it in and the guy behind the service desk eventually said that I should not have to pay but he was not the usual bloke and did not seem to know what he was doing! I had to help him to find the record of the booking on his computer! So we will see when I pick it up tomorrow pm. I know it is a nasty thing to do but I always mark the components that need to be changed, like the oil filter, with a small blob of Tipp-ex. Not very trusting am I! Comes from bad experiences in the UK, one of them nearly fatal when a self adjuster clip on one of the brake drums fell off inside the drum and nearly put me in a river! The wrong size had been fitted when replacing the shoes..............JR

[quote user="JohnRoss"] So we will see when I pick it up tomorrow pm. .............JR[/quote]

Unless it suited you to do it this way round this is what used to happen when the Ark was being serviced.  [:P]

I book an appointment with our Ford main agent for a specific time in the day, normally first thing in the morning. I am provided with a coffee and that day's Ouest France newspaper and by the time I've read this an hour and a half later my keys are back with the receptionist and I'm on my way.

[quote user="JohnRoss"]Ok collected car this pm ... [/quote]

Like Benjamin my OH makes a specific time appointment with the garage, we then drop the car off, leaving our mobile tel no in case of problems, saunter off to the nearby shopping centre, have a mooch around - I bought a super new tunic-type-sweater this time - drink a leisurely coffee then wander back, have bill explained to us, pay bill ([:-))]), car is brought to the garage door, we thank everyone, shake hands all round and leave for home. Much the same as the UK in essence, except for the handshakes all round.

Sue [:)]

Ok well I could have taken it in at 9.15 this am and collected it or waited for it for about 2Hrs but I don't do early starts anymore for medical reasons mostly. Having retained my old banger I was lucky enough not to need the car for a day. The Renault dealer we use is in Parthenay and some distance away from Chez Nous so I arranged to take it up the day before and leave it overnight. XYL drove it back.............................................JR 

[quote user="JohnRoss"]Ok well I could have taken it in at 9.15 this am and collected it or waited for it for about 2Hrs but I don't do early starts anymore  [/quote]

Neither do we ... OH made our appointment for 13h30 so we could drive into town and have lunch before delivering the car to the garage ... we collected it at 16h.

Sue

Archived