Complete France Forum

Vehicule De collection assurance

tasng4

It's getting to that time of year when I have to start looking for insurance quotes for my classic cars, it's the end of my first year in France and for the first year I insured with the first company I found who would insure my cars (AXA).  I'm currently paying 21 euros per month for a 1975 MGB-GT and 19 euros per month for a 1967 Sunbeam Alpine and compared to the UK this seems expensive but I was just happy to get them insured.  However, I would now like to find more competitive quotes so if anyone out there can help with the following:

1. Souring a multicar policy

2. Advice on a reasonable premium.

3. Is it easy/ok to change the insured car on a policy i.e. insure the MG fully comp and just change to the Sunbeam a few days before I want to use it.

4. I know roadworthy cars must be covered 'civil responsibility' but what constitutes an unroadworthy car - no battery? no wheels?

Thanks for the suggestion, I have done this but as France (no disrespect) is a bit behind the UK as far as the internet goes it's hard to get a quote from smaller less well known companies via the internet & I was hoping for some replies to my post along the lines of "I have an MGB & I pay x euros with Y company" & then I could write.

If both vehicles are registered as Vehicule De collection then what you are paying seems a bit expensive.

My MGB on a normal Carte Grise is costing me €387, also with AXA. I could probably get it for less but like you I just dived in when I first came over and was planning to look around at renewal time but took my eye off the ball and left it a bit late. I did get €45 discount off that by way of a promotional voucher AXA had sent me so actually paid €342 [:(]

Hi People.

I am still in the UK, but I cannot believe the prices you are having to pay for your classic car insurance, I am hoping to bring my three MGs over with me, if I ever get the chance to move to France.

Here are the prices I am paying.  1954 MG TF £78, 1964 MG Roadster £120, 1972 MGBGT £58, these are all on limited milage, Ernie said he is paying 342e for his GT, I am paying £345 for my 99  XJ8 Jaguar 3.2.

It is frightening at the insurance costs in France. 

Colin

Archived