Complete France Forum

Rover car Certificate of European Conformity

tuppence

This outfit will sort you out:

A.B.P.

254, avenue du Président WILSON

93210 SAINT DENIS LA PLAINE

FRANCE

For the certificate of conformity, you just have to send us a short letter and join:

-copy of the UK Registration Form (V5),

-a cheque for 150 euros payable to A.B.P. (on a french bank please).

Delay is approx. 3 weeks

We imported our Rover 75 Tourer a couple of years ago, and had to apply to the receivers for one.  It cost us £150.

We got the certificate from:  MGR C & C Services Ltd, PO Box 13279, Stoke Heath, Bromsgrove, B60 9BS

A year or so later, we found that one of the pages at the rear of the Rover handbook was a Certificate of Conformity, so we may have needlessly shelled out for one.

Chris

Thanks for the replies. Chris 'n' Julie was the C of CE in your handbook listed with a mark CE 0523 at the top? Can you remember? I have one in my handbook of my Rover 25 2002 model. I wondered if that would suffice. It is actually a copy of a document signed in Birmingham UK in 2001.

thanks

tuppence

Having re-read the Declaration of Conformity in the handbook I think this is NOT the one required by the prefecture. It only seems to relate to radio  and electric safety. So back to paying 150€ for a proper one[:(]. Just my luck, get a cheque from the Inland Revenue one day, pay it out to the prefecture the next!! Does it eventually get any better I wonder[6].

tuppence

No doubt SD will be along in a minute.

However, I am under the impression that cars from 1998 had to comply with European conformity and that the Prefecutre (or some other body) has a database of these and therefore a certificate is not required.

Paul

I think you'll find that a C of C is always required, the only difference being where it comes from.

The DRIRE have an extensive database but it would be an exaggeration to expect them to have every car ever sold in the EU since 1998 on it.

You have 2 choices, got to the DRIRE and see if they have yours on record or apply to ABP.

There is a form by MG Rover HERE which tells you exactly that if exporting a post 1998 vehicle.

I was reading these forums some time ago and read somewhere that some one said that the UK log book had somthing on it to confirm it conformed to EU regs, and was going to use it to try and register his car with it.I am sorry to be a bit vague about this but somewhere in the back of my mind it rings a bell

[:)][8-)]

Recently manufactured EU spec cars now have the EU type approval number shown on their registration document and it is perfectly possible to produce the carte grise by simply typing in that number to access the car's technical details from the central vehicles database (CNIT).

However, it seems the French Ministry of Transport have not issued amended procedures to cater for this - if you check the government public service website and your own prefecture's website, you'll see that the actual conformity certificate is still required. 

Whilst there have been isolated reports of some prefectures accepting the number off the V5C, I wouldn't rely on this.

Archived