Complete France Forum

parking at tunnel/trainstation

noreen

There is a huge free car park about five minutes from the tunnel exit, which I have used to meet people at in the past.  It is full of lorries which park there overnight etc.  I have no doubt that you could arrange for a cab to pick you up there and run you to Frethun. But how secure it is I have no idea.

Why not check the facilities at Frethun and/or Calais Ville railway station on the SNCF/Eurostar websites?

I would strongly advise anyone not to leave a car at Frethun or anywhere in the Calais area for any length of time unless in a secure lockup unless you want to come back to a wreck up on bricks courtesy of our Eastern European asylum seekers friends.  This as told to me by someone who works for Eurostar and lives in Calais.

I wonder about local hotels - perhaps if you stayed for 1 night they might let you leave the car for a fee, or free? We usually stay at the Kyriad Plage - they have a carpark at the back of the hotel. We usually stay there because they accept dogs - if you do ask for a romm on groundfloor with access to the rear car park.

How about asking on the Nord?Pas de Calais section below in case any posters can offer a place on their property?

Archived