Complete France Forum

Exchange UK To French Licence. I know it's been covered but slightly different question

tasng4

I need to change my UK licence to a French one due to a speeding offence (98 in a 90).  I know how to do this but as I have points on my UK licence does anyone know how this will translate onto my French licence?

Also I received the notification of the fine, which I've paid, but what happens next?  I'm not in the French system so as points cannot be automatically deducted can I expect a 2nd letter asking for my licence or a visit from the Gendarmes.

Points on a UK licence are completely irrelevant in terms of exchanging for a French one.

Benjamin is right, sit tight and do nothing. Just be aware though that it can sometimes take the flics several months to galvanise themselves into action and come knocking on your door [;-)]

As an aside I've heard it said that for UK (or non French shall we say) licence holders, because a licence exchange is rarely demanded for a single point (even though it could and probably should) they are not actually recorded anywhere implying that you could commit any number of them with no penalty other than the fine. I'm not planning to put it to the test though [:'(]

Archived