Complete France Forum

RED DIESEL,FOUEL, gazoil ROUGE availability ???

daytrader80

Hows it going all,

After some net research i see this question has been asked before but not since 2004 on this forum

Is Gazoil Rouge still available in france ? i recently moved to the cote d,azur to start a new life, im a mechanical fitter/welder and run diesel powered Arc welding equipment,

On full chat with high gauge rods i go through considerable diesel in a week, I had checked the petrol stations before to see if the marked gas oil or red diesel is available but have not seen any, maybe its just too touristic here, however out on a jog this morning i have seen a yacht being refueled by a tanker marked  "agree fouel" i think this is the diesel or gazoil /heating oil with the red die added but i cant call a tanker to refill a 30 litre unit 2 or 3 times per day!

At present i work from a van and live in an apartment so a 2000 ltr home tank is nto really an option at this stage until im better set up, Sure if i keep all receipts and log all the times and all the other stuff i maybe be able to claim a small part back on a tax rebate but a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush so if i can save a couple of hundred a week on diesel i happilly will.

In previous posts iv seen that some petrol stations have a locked pump marked gazoil rouge, has anyone ever seen this to be the case?

If so can you advise price per litre on it and which brand of service station stocked it, then i may be able to find one in my area and and fill up my jerry cans for the day.

Any info greatly appreciated

Regards

Rodge

I would have a look round the Port as a lot of the very fast power boats run on Gazoil these days. Local to us filling station had a gazoil rouge pump before it closed last year. Our central heating fuel is roughly 40 cents a litre less that car gazoil. When I hire a mini digger normally pump fuel from Central Heating tank. 

Archived