Complete France Forum

What is a 'FLY Wheel' on the Clutch called in French

mary

Bit of a long story, but had a rattle on the Clutch which was surposidly repaired in the Uk last week when I returned. The 'Fly Wheel' was repalced on the Clutch, but on driving back to France the rattle started up again. It is when the car stationary or being driven slowly, Ie Parking the car and does it in both in or out of Gear, but is worse in gear. Depressing the Clutch seems to agrivate it. I need to book into a French garage as the car is still in warranty, but what is a Fly Wheel in french called , and any suggestions on what may be the problem, that I can easliy explain to the garage. Many thanks, Vida

French for flywheel is "Volant Moteur."  Im not sure why a flywheel would be replaced though, as it is unlikely to cause any rattling noises unless its coming loose - and if it comes loose, then a rattling noise is the least of your worries. Unless its one of these silly dual-mass flywheels that seem to be favored by Ford at the moment?

The symptoms you describe could be due to problems with the clutch kit itself or with the clutch release bearing. The release bearing if worn often makes a chattering noise when the pedal is pressed.

I would get the garage to investigate for second opinions. Tell them is "une bruit au niveau d`embrayage,qui sont pire quand je debraye"

Thanks Dave. I will get in touch with the opel garage here. I have got a Vauxhall Zafira and aparentley they now fit these fly wheels on them, but what they didn't change when they put on the new fly wheel was a new clutch plate, which my OH is anoyed with. Not covered under warranty, but you would think they may have suggested it., OH did wonder if it could be the thrust bearng, but who knows. Thanks again.

Archived