Complete France Forum

First Doofah problem yesterday

Stan Streason

Couple of anomolies on the A10 at Tours the last couple of days.  On Friday going south there was a policeman at every entrance and a man taking every ticket out of the machine and pocketing it.  I passed through without my Doofah registering.  Leaving at Piotiers it beeped ok.  Dont know yet if I will be charged for this bit but what happened to those entering without tickets?

Coming back north on Sunday.  Enter at Poitiers no problem but at Tours - nothing - a big queue behind probably cursing the englishman in the wrong lane.  An attendant eventually came asked where we entered and scanned the doofah.  Worked fine the rest of the way but did nothing for the nerves at each tollbooth.

Do check your next statement carefully.

I had something similar to you doing a quick hop along the A16 a while back.  It should have been €2.30 but I got charged nearly €30 as if I had come from Paris [:-))]

I wrote to SANEF people explaining what had happened and they quickly refunded the difference.

Incidently, a few weeks ago I was down near Biarritz (lovely down there innit?).  My Doofah had worked perfectly all the way from Luxembourg until I hame to a silly little stretch of autoroute between Bayonne and Ondres and the Doofah would not register for all my waving about like a mad thing.  I thought the battery had given up and paid the 90 cents cash.

On the way back, and ever since, it has been fine so I can only assume there was a fault at the barrier.

Archived