Complete France Forum

Where in France to Buy: Choosing a Region

[quote]An article in todays Times gives an interesting overview of different Regions for those of you still deciding (you'll probably have to cut and paste the link, sorry):http://www.timesonline.co.uk/artic...[/quote]

I thought the report was quiet flawed in parts (well it was the Times after all !)and realistically, nothing would ever beat going there and spending time in the region you think might suit ones future life.

Where are you then Zeb, it kind of covered the better areas of France I thought

Here are just a couple of things that I mean are pretty poor reporting :

"Anti-Brit riots took place last year in the Breton village of Bourbriac"

The very sentence of "riots" were laughed about by the French and British alike, in the town itself. It consised of a handful of folks and riot (note NOT riots) is as far off as it could be.

"House prices are reasonable in Brittany, apart from in the south, where they reach Riviera proportions".

"Apart from the South" !! That's a joke, the North with Lanciuex, St Briac, St Lunaire and Dinard itself to name just a few, puts the prices in the south of Brittany, as cheap on a like for like basis !!

Considering the size of Brittany, the report there was crap. Who reads rubbish like this to decide where to go just on one person's personal preference and who, most will have never have heard of before,I've certainly not heard this name anywhere.

[quote]Considering the size of Brittany, the report there was crap. Who reads rubbish like this to decide where to go just on one person's personal preference and who, most will have never have heard of befo...[/quote]

Well I did describe it as an "interesting overview", I didn't say it was a 'good' article :lol:

Aquitaine's decription is not so hot either. For such a large and varied department, it concentrates on buying baked beans and the like.

Archived