Complete France Forum

EDF Tariffs

As we currently only travel to our house on weekends and holidays I have been happy to keep our electricity bill on the base tariff.

However looking ahead I would like to understand the differences and benefits of the other tariffs (Cruise and Tempo) for when we are out full time.

Using a scenario where we are a pseudo Chambres d'hote with hopefully a 9 month season could someone please highlight the key benefits of the tariffs available.

We have a 5 bedroom property with gas central heating but electric hot water. During the winter months we hope to be busy as we are in a ski resort.

Many thanks in advance,

Mike

• 2 months later...

Les (or anyone else) know if you can notify EDF of your actual meter reading and get a revised bill,

I looked all over the EDF site , I got my details, previous bills consumption graph, and payment history but I cannot see if or how you can get your bill right.

I have just got an estimated bill which is about 50% of what it should be, last bill was also estimated so adding to the problem, I want to pay the right amount now as prices may well go up by March next year with the rise in fuel costs. 

I cannot subscribe to Releve Confiance which allows monthly bills and transmission of meter readings as I already have a preleve with EDF. 

Thanks in advance 

It's quite usual for meters to only be read once or twice a year and all other bills to be based on estimates. If you feel the estimate is wildly out you can telephone the number on the bill and give the true reading. The bill, and prélèvement, will be adjusted accordingly.

If the estimates are too low, it may be best to hang on to the money until the bill after the next meter reading, unless, as you say, you are worried about possible large price increases.

[quote]Les (or anyone else) know if you can notify EDF of your actual meter reading and get a revised bill, I looked all over the EDF site , I got my details, previous bills consumption graph, and payment ...[/quote]

In the past, I've just called them to give them my own reading after finding a huge difference between their estimate and my actual reading. There was no problem and the bille was replaced with a new one before I had to pay it.

Clair

Archived