Complete France Forum

Looking for a holiday property

Before I start, I must say that I have no interest in this whatsoever.  I just want to let people know about a property in our village coming up for sale soon, maybe to save someone paying agency fees.  One of our neighbours has decided to sell a small house in the centre of the village (north 87), with kitchen, living room, two bedrooms, shower room, cellar, barn, garage, small garden, and potential to make more rooms.  It won't be on the market until March, but he's happy to let people see it and negociate a fair price before that if there's genuine interest.  If anyone would like more information, please send a private message.

[quote]Before I start, I must say that I have no interest in this whatsoever. I just want to let people know about a property in our village coming up for sale soon, maybe to save someone paying agency fees...[/quote]

I must say that the simple addition of a ? would have saved you the effort of making that statement, as in "Looking for a holiday property?".

Still, advertising is advertising. Personally, I am all for it. Isn't the slogan of the International Advertising Association "The right to choose"?

Even if I had remembered to add the ?, I would still have made that point.  If I was advertising something for personal gain, I could see why it would be unacceptable.   However, I'm passing on useful information in this forum in the hope of maybe saving someone a few hundred euros.  My neighbour will sell the house whatever I do or say and he'd be just as happy to sell privately as via an agent.  I'm sure the forum admin will delete my post if they think its inappropriate.  Thanks for your comment.

Archived