Complete France Forum

Buying a left hand drive vehicle in UK

santenay

[quote user="crossy67"]Ta Pickles.  I don't suppose you know how long it takes to get these plates, I am thinking of flying to Brussels and driving to Amsterdam for a night then going to get the car and driving back.  I could swap things about a bit so I could get the plates applied for on the first day if it were possible.

[/quote]

I don't have personal experience but this is an option that I researched. I believe that if all of the car's documentation is in order -- including up to date Dutch MOT equivalent etc, then you can get the plates issued immediately by the vehicle registration office.

Regards

Pickles

I have had a day off today, I just couldn't bare another day working, especially after the storms kept me awake most of last night.

[IMG]http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u263/crossy67/PICT0507.jpg[/IMG]

Any one know the process for buying from Belgium?  I have found a great contact to buy from the NL but the car I wanted there turned out to have 100k more on it than advertised.

• 1 month later...
Yes you will need a C of C but as the vehicle is more than 6 months old tax issues simply do not arise. Whom you buy it from is also irrelevant.

The procedure is really no different to that for importing and registering a car from UK.

Archived