Complete France Forum

Registering a LHD Land Rover

Jay

A friend wants to register a 5yr old LHD Land Rover in France which is at present registered in Andorra. We first registered our UK SEAT Toledo in France 8 years ago. At that time we changed the headlights and obtained a CT then all we had to do was copy the info off the VIN plate under the bonnet onto the official form and pay the fee. There was no need for a certificate of conformity.

Is it always necessary to have a C of C or will my friend be able to register the LR without going to the trouble and expense?

I would imagine he will not get far without a Certificate. The prefecture are likely to insist on one.

Contact this chap.....

LIEVRE Sylvain

JAGUAR France

Division de JAGUAR LAND ROVER France SAS

Service Homologation

34, Rue de la Croix de Fer

CS 70337

78105 Saint Germain en Laye Cedex

Tel : 01 61 01 68 18

Fax : 01 61 01 68 96

E-mail: slievre@jaguarlandrover.com

I contacted him by e-mail and received a form to fill out and return with a copy of the logbook, VIN plate and of course the cheque - €180 for a Landy, sadly!

Turned out that the model I have was never homologated for use in France so I only received a Certificate of Partial Conformity, which meant then going through a whole load of hassle with the DRIRE (read my thread about "Reception De Titre Isole" in this section if you want the details).

Thanks for the info Dave, I have passed it on to my friend and will post the result when he has done the business.

By the way the link on FAQ regarding cost of registration "You can find a fee chart HERE . Once you've paid, they'll issue you with a new registration document (carte grise). " is no longer valid, perhaps a mod would care to update.

Archived