Complete France Forum

C4 Airplay

Val_2

Has anyone had a problem with this model whereby the cruise control comes on without being switched on and the speed gathers momentum and you cannot deactivate it. My son had a dreadful experience earlier in his C4 when he could not stop the speed increasing and he did not put the c/control on.He had to eventually  find a hill and then turn the engine off but it scared him rigid and when he got to the dealer in town, they did not want to know even though there is still a two year guarantee on the vehicle. Our local garagiste disconnected the electrics for this system completely but I am wondering if anyone else has had the same problem. It is a 2009 model.

I googled this and there's nothing much so I think your son's been really unlucky.  Whatever, this is what I, as an ex-railway person, would call a "wrong side" failure - ie a potentially fatal one, so in your son's shoes I'd be off to a main dealer and quickly.  Even out of warranty, it's really important that the manufacturer is aware of these kinds of faults asap, before somebody dies as a result, imho.

Archived