Complete France Forum

Difference in driving techniques - which is right

HoneySuckleDreams

[quote user="pachapapa"]

.............................. Recently one of my daughters was demonstrating hill starts with an Audi 5 equipped with an electronic-mechanical brake.

A sort of button thing on the console between the seats to release or just accelerate & go.

The vehicule knows! You know!

[/quote]

Yup. The driver doesn't really need to know very much any more. Just needs deep pockets for when it all stops working.....

• 2 weeks later...

I went home for the weekend, first time this year, and had No1 son drive me around for a bit.

Apart from one give way junction he sailed thru "but I can see the lights of any cars coming!" ... I was nicely suprised. ( I pointed out that there could have been a cyclist/scooter etc, which did sink in I think). He did drive a lot slower than me and i asked him why so slow, and he pointed out all the 50kmh signs...which made me feel rather stupid!

His instructor also thought that it was a really good idea that he got to drive both right and left hand drive cars. It makes him think more of what is going-on on the road.

There are differences in the way they are taught, but not enough I feel to make me not want to get in the car with him. I was rather proud of him actually 

Archived