Complete France Forum

Changing Adrress on Carte Grise - is this a joke?

nomoss

Yesterday I registered myself on the "Mon-Service Public" site to use the service for distributing our new address.

Along with the notifications to other official bodies I was offered the possibility to change the address on line for vehicles with the new model "Carte Grise" (format AAA123AA), using a new procedure, available only since Jan 3rd  this year. I was told I would receive stickers with the new address, which I could place on the existing documents. Details here: http://vosdroits.service-public.fr/F12118.xhtml 

I spent quite some time wading through the rather clunky excercise, but thinking this was still a lot better than spending half a day at the Prefecture, and how maybe french bureaucracy was eventually struggling out of the Dark Ages.

Since then I have received a string of emails updating the status of my requests to the various authorities. These all now say " Dossier transmis au service traitant", except for one, which has:

"Service Instructeur : SIV   (= le Système d'Immatriculation des Véhicules )
Votre dossier a comme nouveau statut : " Dossier clos"
Le service traitant a ajouté le commentaire : "Votre demande a été rejetée. Veuillez vous rendre en préfecture."

Somewhat disappointing, though half expected. Has anyone here successfully used this procedure?

Archived