Complete France Forum

Help needed- Caravan registration

powerdesal

I need some help,

I am close ( I think) to achieving registration of my UK caravan here in France, however.......... DREAL are repeatedly asking for '' Titre de propriete du vehicle'' (sorry no accents ), now I know that that means Title of Ownership.

I have given them a copy of the 'Touring Caravan Registration Document' ( CVR/6 part 1) from CRIS clearly showing my name and address and the van details.

What more can I give them? I have the Tracker registration Document and the invoice from Lady Bailey Caravans in Dorset, but still they ask for Title of Ownership.

Does anyone have ANY ideas???????

I found quite a few discussions about this on French fora (I'm interested in this because I want to get shot of my horse trailer which has stood here unused since it was towed over).  According to the to-ing and fro-in in this thread:

http://www.experatoo.com/demarche-administrative/titre-propriete-voiture_57821_1.htm

"la facture d'achat ou certif de cession sont les titres de proprieté"

the bill of sale is all you should need.  Do DREAL understand what the invoice is?  Or it may be that they need a RECEIPT from the company you purchaced it from (assume that was LadyB?)  It's all I can think but Sunday will know.

Archived