Complete France Forum

buliding site tax d'habitation

hils

I thought that if your house had less than two  fully fuctionimg rooms then you did not pay tax d'habitation. I have been landed with a wapping tax this year and yet I only have one fully functionimg room advice greatly recieved . in the Maine et Loire areaThe rest of the house is a building site

hils

• 2 weeks later...
on a similar vein.....I've recently started renovation work after gaining permis de construire. Now I have received a tax bill (Taxes d'urbanisme) which charges me 700 euros to be paid 18 months after date of permis was granted, and then another 600 euros 18 months after that ! Does any kindly soul know what this tax is for ? I can't find reference to it in any books.

I just told myself it was a 'just so' tax and for all it has been mentioned on this board no one else EVER seems to think it worth a mention at all. Not the notaire and in our case the builders. And if I asked one of them once I asked them both a hundred times EXACTLY what we had to budget for. I frankly nearly had a fit when it arrived.

The good thing is that these payments are one offs and what they are for, well who knows, just another tax we have to fork out.

Archived