Complete France Forum

Drivy.com..Anybody used this car hire service?

NormanH

https://www.drivy.com/

It is a way of hiring from private individuals, but with a contract and insurance.

I have seen a Twingo  automatic at 20€ a day  (100 km and basic insurance included ) near me.

The franchise is 800€ but you can lower that to 200€ with an extra  insurance of 4€ a day..

I suppose the worry would be whether the car is properly serviced etc, but the quotation I had for a week was attractive.

There is a wide selection of vehicles available in my area.

Any thoughts?

Dunno.....the cars in my area are all at least 5 or 6 years old, and the thought of relying on a private individuals car with only their word that it has had the correct maintenance doesn't fill me with confidence.

The fastest car on the road is a hire car - people do not look after them properly and often give them serious abuse.

Thing is.....if my Hertz car dies on the Autoroute, I know there will be some faff involved but I also know that they will arrange a replacement within a reasonable time. However if one of these cars breaks down, there is no replacement and you will need to find alternative car hire with zero notice.

I think it is one of these ideas where if it all goes well, its brilliant, but if something goes wrong it could well be a complete nightmare.

Archived