Complete France Forum

Quitus Fiscal

CeeJay

[quote user="CeeJay"]Is there an application form to be completed for a quitus fiscal, or does one just turn up at the Impots on demand with all relevant documents, so to speak?

[/quote]

I just turned up,  they looked at all the papers and they issued me with the relevant bit of paper.

Yep, just turn up and ask for it, it's free too !

Beware, some Impots are known to demand a CoC for the quitus despite there being no legal requirement for it whatsoever.

In the case of a classic car, where no CoC is available and an FFVE attestation is required in it's place, in order to apply for that you must supply the quitus so it's a catch 22 !

Fortunately my local Impots are very helpful and don't play these silly home brewed games but if they did I'd take immense pleasure in slapping a fonc with that little jem [6]

AnOther

Yes you are right!!!!!

Went to the Impots yesterday and luckily I took everything I had as quite unexpectedly I was asked for C of C which threw me at the time and which was not on a list of requirements stuck on the counter window!!

When I got my last QF the guy asked me if I had a CofC. He didn't need it himself, but was pointing out that I would need it at the Prefecture.

I had planned to queue at the Prefecture the following day, didn't have all the papers with me, so didn't have the utility bill he required.

I pointed out that I have been paying taxes for some years, so he very kindly verified my address from the tax records.

I have found that foncionnaires can be very helpful on occasion. [:)] Some of the most aggravating ones I have spoken to have been in the UK.