Complete France Forum

Totally stopping insurance

Chrissie

My husband has finally decided that he will no longer drive at all and so we are going to sell one of the cars. In a case like that, does he have to give 3 month's notice to the insurance company (of course it is totally the wrong time of year) or will they just stop it on request?.....

Chrissie(81)

Oh good, that's what I hoped would be the case.

Out of interest, what is to stop someone selling a car, stopping the insurance, buying it back again (or a different one) and taking out insurance with a new company, thus effectively changing insurers instantly?

Don't worry, I'm not thinking of doing it, far too complicated and I'm lazy!

Chrissie

Assuming it's been in force for over 12 months you can cancel the

insurance at any time and all they will need is a copy of a certificat de cession, any other demands are spurious and you can tell them to s0d off, they only need to cover themselves and the cert de cession is your statement that you've sold the car which is end of story for them.

Note however that I say a certificat because you can use the same method to change your insurer 'instantly' as you put it without actually selling the car at all [;-)]

BTW site owners a sod (s od) which you seem to object to is a lump of grass yet you have no problem with fanny, idiotic [:P]

Archived