Complete France Forum

New Year New Build Project?

Piprob

‘Hergoodself’ and I have recently completed a new build project in Quillan, between Carcassonne and Perpignan. The project has been painless throughout and we are sorry in some ways it’s now finished! We are very pleased. It’s a good spot, close to the river Aude in Department 11.

In case there is anyone else out there game to ‘have a go’, our builder, now a firm friend, has purchased a plot of around 1000 square metres not too far away. It is priced at around 50 to 55 per metre, and the cost of a new build would come in at around 1 200 per square metre. I hasten to say we are not on commission!

E-mail me if you want more information.

Why would anyone want to pay around(cost not fixed)E144,000 in quillan for at least 2/3yrs worth of worry and end up in a building site.Take the price of the land away and that leaves E90,000,the way to go would be to used a national building firm who provide all guarantees and with a 5% deposit and "key in hand"promise backed by law,and that amount in quillan would get a very nice 3bed with a garage and some change.The best part is that one is not at the mercy of some local builder.

Archived