Complete France Forum

Range Cookers

Hi there

I am debating as to whether to move my range cooker out with me in december, or leave it at my Uk house, and purchase a French range cooker so it is easier to install ( i.e gas connections)  Has anyone out there any advice as to what the simplest solution would be - - 1) How hard is it to convert to france , as when I contacted Belling they informed me that the Gas Burners would have to be changed.  Also I haven't really had any joy finding a £1000 range cooker in france - as they all seem to be chef professional cookers - nearer the £3000 mark.  Am I looking in the wrong place?  Our area is in the Pyrenees, near to Tarbes

Many Thanks

Paula

[quote]Hi there I am debating as to whether to move my range cooker out with me in december, or leave it at my Uk house, and purchase a French range cooker so it is easier to install ( i.e gas connection...[/quote]

Yes you are looking in the wrong place, this section of the Forum  is for B&B and gite owners.

Try reposting this in "Owning French property" or "food and wine", you will get a better response there. 

• 3 months later...
Hi Paula

I ordered a range gooker from Belling and had it delivered here. 

Hubby says you need a nozzle conversion kit ( normally supplied by

Belling) which will convert your hob to bottled gas.   Worked

fine for us.   If you are on town gas, I don't think you need

anything. Good luck.

Archived