Complete France Forum

A Carpenter Working In France

Mleaver

I have at least thirty years experience as a carpenter joiner, the last fourteen being self employed,my aim is to continue this
profession over in France.My wife and I have a healthy love of
of the country,and are in a position to sell up here and move in the very near future.A few of my customers have said casually "ah
we someone to do some carpentry on our property in France"So maybe now is the time to go over for the 90 day period and gain
some sharp end experience, working, dealing with suppliers
and merchants.We both intend going back to night school for intermediiate French so we can at least have some basic vocal skills!
We are renting a farmhouse in Limoson this June for two weeks, so maybe this could be the area for us to buy.
If there any readers out there that know or they themselves require a hard working carpenter please let me know to get the
ball rolling!

Merci, David Leaver - rural Suffolk

As has been said so many times before, to work in France as self employed you must register and enter the system. See the thread about working on the black on the renovations section. If you wish to work for an employer then a contract and full medical every year is compulsory.

Archived