Complete France Forum

Can I return to UK while waiting for CdS

Diana

After a very positive meeting at the Chamber of Commerce in Cherbourg last week to start putting our business plans into action I have a question.

I will need a CdS and they told me how to go about getting it and that it would take about 3 months. No problem with that but do I need to be in France during this time or can I return to the UK and continue with my PAYE job here?

Thanks

Diana

>
>I will need a CdS and
>they told me how to
>go about getting it and
>that it would take about
>3 months. No problem
>with that but do I
>need to be in France
>during this time or can
>I return to the UK
>and continue with my PAYE
>job here?
>
>Thanks
>
>Diana

Get a second opinion - we were told that UK citizens DO NOT need a CDS and our business registration should be live on 1st May without one. CDS rules were changed I think in October last year but some areas still do not seem to have accepted them but our little town knew about them and have issued us a certificate of residence.

I don't think you can get a CDS unless you live here or am I wrong?????? TU will know.

Di

I live in Dept 86. Filled in all the relevant forms a way back in October last year for Cds. Received a letter from Prefecture last week( as did our friends who stay in same dept) stating that there is no need now to have a carte de sejour! We will be issued however with an identity card.

Archived