Complete France Forum

Couriers

Did you follow your idea of selling equestrian stuff ? If you have to rely on a courrier you may not be very competitive (?)

I think you may be better to say that you despatch just twice a week, say, and get a taxi to the post office ! (but its hard to say without knowing details, also if you have volume you may find LaPoste will collect, they have 'business managers' so its worth enquiring)

Bon Chance

Yes if i can say this without my posting getting taken off... I have followed up on the equestrian idea!

Thank you for your ideas about getting the stuff out, I have been trying to think of another way apart from courier, but couldn't think of anything. I was wandering if La Poste would collect ill try to find out.

Thanx again

Bex 

Bex, I spoke to a friend in Brittany today, who also deals extensivley with LaPoste. She says the person you should speak to is the Sales rep (rather than business advisor) for your area.

I know they have also assisted her when she has had insurance claims, they know she is an excellent packer and do not argue with the claim if something gets broken.

Good Luck

• 3 weeks later...
My guess is that your 'sales rep' (thats what they really are) works out of your nearest big town, can you, or would someone on your behalf, phone and get them to come out?

Frankly I would tell them you expect to be busy and over estimate the number of parcels, just to get them to give you a service........hopefully you will be rushed off your feet!!

Bon Chance

Archived