Complete France Forum

More taxation queries....

Nicky France

I have read, with horror, of all the complicated rules and regulations with regard to the French taxation and/or employment systems.  I am purchasing a property in France which will provide a home for us and (eventually) two small gites for rental.  This income is seen as a basis but I don't have any unrealistic ideas of it being enough to live on.  I also have the possibility of working for a British holiday company in France during the summer (Feb - Oct actually) but am TOTALLY confused as to where I would stand with regard to tax in France.  I am currently resident in the Netherlands but I am British.  I would be earning a salary from a British company (and presumably paying British income tax), but would be living in France with (eventually) an income from the gites.  Can anyone explain, in an uncomplicated way, what my situation would be?

Many thanks,

Nicky.

As a french resident you would have to declare all world wide income in France. Reciprocal agreements hopefully would mean that you shouldn't end up paying taxes twice.

If your situation is that complicated I would suggest that you get advice from a qualified accountant in France. Especially if you are working here or from here.

Archived