Complete France Forum

Woodburning stoves/heaters.

Bones

Hello, I've been collecting antique cuisinieres and woodburners for sale back in the uk (when I get the time to return..) and my question is do people know if there is a market in France for these items or is it just that they are 'quirky' for uk buyers? I know my uk friends here in France have them (and mine will be installed next!) but where do I advertise them? Ebay France?

Any knowledgable David Dickensons out there??

We have clients that would be interested in unusual/antique woodburning stoves/cuisinieres.

You can e-mail me at the address in my profile with more details of the stoves, etc that you have available.

Kind regards,

Bob Clarke
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/grindoux

You could try eBay.fr as long as you either stipulate collection or get your shipping/carriage sorted out first. Its cheap enough, but don't forget your written French will have to be good enough for the description and to follow the listing instructions if you haven't done it before.(in my experience the buttons on ebay are the same world wide so you could check on the UK site to make sure you were doing it correctly)

I know someone who bought two woodburners on ebay.co.uk ;

I would recommend ebay.co.uk We bought a stove off ebay and have no complaints.

You would need to sort out whether you transport them to the UK and sell them from the UK (probably get a higher price and if you bring over a couple of stoves at a time, you spread the cost) or sell them from France with a transportation option/cost to deliver to the UK. Not sure what tax the buyer would be hit with this way!

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, finaly found my new password, sheesh!

Bob, am struggling with new digital camera but seem to have come to a compromise with the infernal thing: will post pic of blue enammeled cuissiniere asap.

As for tax implications, well I think if you are 'importing' a second hand stove most customs officials would presume it is for your personal use anyhow??

You are not liable for tax on your own furniture when you move accross the channel are you?

Am still looking at the stove market on uk and French ebays and am still undecided. There are plenty of other interesting household items available that I've seen on my travels (unused antique floor tiles, fire backs and such) and the stoves are bloody heavy!!

Archived