Complete France Forum

Different CVs for different jobs, but how different?

SaligoBay

Still trying. 

Femme de ménage (i.e. house-cleaner), exigée 2-5 years experience.

Local supermarket - exigée 1 year on fruit & veg. 

Both for 7.61 euros an hour too.   It's all getting a bit dull.  

So, have any of you lied outright on your CV?   I mean, invented a completely fictitious past?

Not lied, no.  Because I am so old, I had the good fortune to be around in the early seventies when jobs were 'freely available'.  I would change jobs for a quid a week more!  Or when I got, frequently, bored.

Had lots and lots of jobs so on the cv, I just emphasise the bits best suited to the job I am after.  You know, make the time spent doing it longer etc.

I also don't put down all the jobs I have had.  Makes me look flighty!

Poor SB - having been told I am 'too old' to have a real job in France I sympathise.

Like Alexis, I have 'lost' a few of the jobs I had years ago and have often conveniently 'forgotten' certain aspects of my life - like my age or the fact that I am married!!  However, that was in the UK.

Still, if you have cleaned your own house, I think you can honestly say that you have experience as 'femme de ménage' and you can easily say you had a Saturday job in a fruit and veg shop in UK (now conveniently closed down).  I don't think it pays to be too honest.  I always used to be, and watched as other people lied their way past me.  Nowadays I think if it comes to re-submitting CVs I'll be a bit more 'creative'.

Good luck in your search.

Maggi

Archived