Complete France Forum

Certificate du travail

Karen_Ian

Hi,

Has anyone been asked to provide a certificate du travail? Or have you asked someone for one?

If so what info is on it?

I've been asked today to provide one (I know I should have clarified what was expected to be on it...but too many other things going on!) - as it's supporting copies of pay slips I guess it's proving I was employed, for how long, earning x etc. I'm asking a UK ex-employer to provide this certificate so any info would be useful as I don't think they'll know what to put on it otherwise..!

Thanks

I have one in front of me for an ex-employee. Basically a statement prepared on our behalf by our accountants to say that we (our details of the business etc and address) employed......,his address and numéro de sécurité sociale, the date of his employment to when he left, his actual designated post and when he left etc. This was then signed by us, the employee who is given one and we retain one copy. You should also have to supply an official ASSEDIC document with all your details on as well. All this must be provided by your former employer here in France.

Archived