Complete France Forum

'proper job' and cpam

Helen888

My friend has been lucky enough to get a position of employment here in France. He has a certain sort of contract that basically puts him on one months trial, then this is extended following appraisal for the first six months of employment before job becomes 'permanent'..i think these contracts are quite common. I think the employer deducts the healthcare contributions at source (job is employed position not self employed) but is there anything else he has to do now CDS is not required. previously i think you had to take your work contract down to CPAM...is this still the case or will everything be automated ?

Thanks

Why doesn't he ask his employer?   Mine sent off a request for a socsec number/registration straightaway, since I didn't have a social security number.   Eventually the whole dossier comes back asking for one more piece of paper, which you add, then you send the whole dossier back to CPAM, now I'm waiting for the whole dossier to come back to me again asking for something else.......   

It all takes time, but as long as it's in the pipeline, nobody worries very much.

• 2 weeks later...

now I'm waiting for the whole dossier to come back to me again asking for something else....... 

And guess what - it just did!   I sent everything they asked for in the last letter, birth certificate, copy of valid passport, etc.   That last letter was addressed to Madame SB.   Today a letter comes in to Mademoiselle SB, saying that they've looked at my dossier, but there's still information missing, and could I send them a copy of my marriage certificate?

Rightio, off we go........ but why didn't they just ask for it in the first place?! 

Archived