Complete France Forum

benefits for children under 2 years of age?

Blade

Depends on what you mean by benefits. There is a benefit if you pay income tax, in that the child gives an additional half a part income tax allowance. It's worth a good deal, from memory up to about 2000 EUR. I can check if you need the exact figure.

Hegs, this post disturbed my sleep last night.  I lay in bed and kept going over how much tax had gone up when our eldest was off our tax form and being half asleep this thought would not go away.

I had to wait until today to get all the tax forms out. If one benefits from a fiscal advantage of 2000 euros if one has a child. As we are at the point of one child coming off our tax form, it would imply that we are going to be 2000 euros worse off.

Needless to say that I did my calculations today and if the salary is about the same this year, will be paying an extra 1400 euros when our son comes off our tax form. Which is what I had sort of imagined. I'm rather glad that it won't be an extra 2k.

I suppose that I could do a few calcs and work it out, but I suspect that the amount gained is directly related to the amount earned. For some could be more than 2k or far less?

TU, you had ME worried so I dug out my "vos impots" 2005 tables and looked it up. For me the savings is EUR 2121 according to them.

It does vary with income, as the net effect of the allowance is to remove a slice of the earnings from the highest rate of tax that you pay. But it is the same for everyone in the same tax band and 2121 should be the maximum saving.

For someone earning 20000 net imposable it is "only" about a EUR 600 saving a year. 40000 is EUR 1300 etc.

Archived