Complete France Forum

Working in France on UK contract

LesFlamands

Friends of ours living in the UK would like to take a short break of 1 or 2 months from their jobs. She will be on maternity leave which is where the idea sprouted from. He is a carpenter and I would be happy to employ him, and he would enjoy the experience of working on French properties. He is employed by a medium sized company in England and whilst a key employee, I think they would agree to a short break. Does anyone know of any scheme whereby I could just carry on paying his UK wages, Paye and NI that, for example, we could set up with his existing employer. This sort of thing certainly goes on with teachers, university lecturers and British Aerospace engineers, so I can't see it would be too much of a problem with a carpenter.

[quote]Friends of ours living in the UK would like to take a short break of 1 or 2 months from their jobs. She will be on maternity leave which is where the idea sprouted from. He is a carpenter and I would ...[/quote]

The the most straight forward would be to sign a contract with his company, although the problem here is that they would probably also want the employers contribution + a % admin/overhead charge, but on the other hand this would safegard potential problems such as damage or injury covered by negligence etc. Similarly British Aerospace people that work here continue to be employed by BA UK, are still UK based and are here for short period (few weeks or months).Thus there is no issue with employment or social security laws. For health there is the E form for major accidents/ugences but I'm not sure how it works for minor illnesses - can these be claimed back in the Uk?

regs

Richard

Archived