Complete France Forum

craft work

Patter

As a hobby I make birthday cards, i have just started and sell them to friends and have done a (car boot sale), my problem is that as I dont make a profit, am I selling illegally, I reckon that I could charge a little more, this would obviously be a profit, but not enough to pay tax, at the moment I am trying to cover my costs, I am talking E1.50 per card at the moment, I dont want to have a proper business, i just want a hobby, can any one advise me, has any one else been in the same situation.

If I tried to turn this into a business and made cards all day and every day there would be hardly any profit to be made.

tricia b 86

Hi tricia

You could try selling them through an outlet such as the new Sandwich Shop in Confolens who are advertising for art and craft type things to sell. Or bring some down to me at the vide grenier at Vieux Ruffec tomorrow (Sunday 14th) and I'll put them on my stall!!

Failing that you could try selling them through friends as starting a business with them would cost you so much more than what you can actually make (unless you are doing factory line production).

good luck.......zeb

Archived